Every once in awhile, you get lucky. And that's what happened to us when we (well, Georgeanne) won an awesome sampler of various Petit Jean Meats bacons. Bacon is good. Free bacon is better. Thanks to Kim of The Made Thing for partnering with this AWESOME Arkansas company & hooking us up with some divine bacon! [Side note: her blog is awesome, if you're not reading it... get on that!].
This Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is gonna be our go-to for this Saturday's big Razorbacks game on ESPN. If you're looking for a party appetizer or a delicious tailgating recipe, this dip fits the bill. It's like biting into a big, juicy burger. Serve it on crostini or with tortilla chips. Trust us: there will be NO leftovers.
Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 6 strips bacon (we LOVE thick-cut Arkansas bacon from Petit Jean Meats)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 full-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 small onion (if desired), chopped
- extra cheese (if desired)
- a cast iron skillet
Here's how to do it:
1. Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook your ground beef; drain excess fat.
2. Cook your strips of bacon in the same skillet. Set aside, drain grease. Wait for bacon to cool, then cut into 1 inch pieces/crumbles.
3. If you'd like, saute your optional onion in the same pan.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients.
5. Pour an even layer into a baking dish. Top with cheese if desired.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 350F until top is golden and sides bubble, about 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately!
Told y'all it was easy! If delicious snacks like these aren't a reason to get out every Third Thursday of the Month, then we don't know what is!