Easter brings our hearts so much joy--there truly is nothing like gathering around a table of friends and family and celebrating and giving thanks.
If you're looking for something to fill your belly this coming Easter after those early-morning sunrise services, look no further than this elegant brunch recipe for French Herb Baked Eggs from Zara Abbasi Wilkerson.
French Herb Baked Eggs
(Zara Abbasi Wilkerson)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme, stripped & chopped finely
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, removed & chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to broil.
2. Add cream and butter into an oven-safe dish (you may have to use two if your dishes are not large enough for 12 eggs!).
3. Crack eggs in a separate bowl.
4. Add chopped herbs, garlic, and Parmesan cheese into another bowl.
5. Broil cream mixture in oven for 2-3 minutes until bubbling hot. Remove from oven.
6. Quickly add eggs into the dish, using care not to disturb the cream mixture too much.
7. Top with herb mixture and salt and pepper. Broil for another 5 minutes or so.
8. Serve with toast points!