Here's the recipe:
Blueberry Pie Bites
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- about 45 blueberries
- ⅛ cup raw or turbinado sugar
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water (egg wash)
- Special Equipment Required:
- 1½" biscuit cutter
- pastry brush
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and unroll the refrigerated pie crust.
- Use a 1½" biscuit cutter to cut pie bite circles out of the refrigerated pie crust.
- Place 1 blueberry in the center of each circle. Sprinkle each one with a little sugar (you probably won't use it all).
- Fold up two sides of one of the circles like a taco. Then, grab the adjacent sides and pinch the corners. This makes a little pocket for the blueberries. You can dip your fingers in egg wash to pinch the corners if you can't get them to stick.
- Brush each bite with the egg wash. Place each bite on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a little more sugar and bake for about 10 minutes.